Organizations interested in applying for funding to provide services to 60-plus older adults and caregivers under the Detroit Area Agency on Aging’s FY 2023-2025 Multi-Year Plan Request for Proposal (RFP) can contact the agency at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access to the Share File Grant Portal. The links to the RFP Application and Instructions are below, along with PDF fillable documents and other forms for your convenience.
Other materials necessary for your proposal are also included for your reference. Please carefully read the application instructions in the RFP Instructions along with any instructions on forms before filling out the application. Please submit only one Section I Agency Profile as well as Service Funding Request form, Budget and Unit Cost/Fee-for-Service forms for each service category you are applying for and affix signatures on required forms prior to uploading grant applications and budgets to: email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST on Friday, September 2, 2022. Access to the Shared File will be provided up to 5:00 PM EST on September 2, 2022.
It is important to note that this RFP is available to applicants wishing to provide Aging Services funded with federal Older Americans Act and state Older Michiganians Act funding. Direct Purchase of Services vendors supporting Mi Choice Waiver, MI Health Link or State-funded Care Management services utilize a different Request for Bid process.
Over the next three years, Traditional Aging Service Providers will transition from line-item reimbursement grants to performance-based, fee-for-service contracting. All applicants applying for funding must sign a Terms and Conditions form acknowledging that they understand this new arrangement.
Applicants are expected to attend Technical Assistance Workshops to obtain information about the Request for Proposal. These workshops were held on August 8th in person and via zoom. To view the zoom video – Click Here
rEQUEST FOR PROPOSAL DOCUMENTS
SERVICE FUNDING REQUEST FORM – SECTION I
SERVICE FUNDING REQUEST FORMS – SECTION II
(Budget Template – Spc Srv (2)) (ALL SERVICE CATEGORIES)
Budget Template – Spc Srv (2) Budget Unit Reimb Template (2) (ALL SERVICE CATEGORIES)
REFERENCES & SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
AASA/Bureau of ACLS OPERATING-STANDARDS-SERVICE-PROGRAMS-Feb-2022
Community Service Navigator – Community Service Navigator Regional Definition
Screening_Eligibility_Compliance_RFP_Chklst (Please submit with application.)
Direct Purchase of Service (DPOS) Partner Criteria:
When evaluating potential new DPOS Providers, the following criteria will be used:
- Ability to Provide Quality Services: potential providers should demonstrate measurable and relevant local service delivery performance. A general guideline for new potential home care providers is six to twelve months prior service delivery.
- Positive References: potential providers should have strong references from their relationships with consumers, and consumer referral sources, including other MI Choice Waiver agents within and outside of the region when applicable.
- Program Participant Preference: efforts will be made to accommodate participants who have a preference for their service providers. Participant choice is a priority.
- Cost: selection is competitive and cost-effectiveness is a priority.
- Continuity of Care: efforts are made to minimize the number of agencies and caregivers involved with each participant. When multiple services are needed, an attempt will be made to minimize the total number of service partners required for that participant.
- Geographic and Service Need Considerations: some considerations will be made based on the needs of the pool. Potential partners must demonstrate an ability to provide quality service(s) in a geographic area where additional providers of service(s) are needed.
I am Interested in Becoming a Network PartnerThank you for your interest in becoming a Network Partner of Detroit Area Agency on Aging. Your contact information will be used to inform you of potential opportunities to apply. *This form is not considered an application