Volunteer Opportunities Serving Older Adults
Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with the Detroit Area Agency on Aging (DAAA). We appreciate your willingness to support older adults in our region by donating your time and talents. Scroll down for application.
Holiday Meals on Wheels
Michigan Medicare Medicaid
Assistance Program (MMAP)
Give Back To Your Community
Volunteering Is Fun, Rewarding, & Good For The Soul
Take a look at some of volunteers from years past giving back to their community in a real way that truly helps the seniors. Get folks in need get meals vital to their survival and mental well-being around the holidays, which can be a very hard time of the year for some.
LET’S GET YOU SIGNED UP!
1. Fill Out Your DAAA Volunteer Background Check Form
Please submit your Background Information
- Complete and submit the volunteer intake form below.
- You will receive a follow up email from email@example.com to complete your online background check application. Please note, this email may go to your spam folder. (No fees or additional costs are needed).
- A background check is required for all Detroit Area Agency on Aging (DAAA) Volunteers.
- The background check will collect information from the Michigan State Police iChat system encompassing criminal history, and national sex offenders list and will remain on file for five (5) years before another check must be completed. Please remember that these background checks are solely for the protection of the vulnerable population we serve.
- Even if you have proof of a background check or police clearance completed within the past 3 years from your place of employment or another organization with which you volunteer, you must complete a separate background check with DAAA. This is a new form effective October 1, 2020.
If you have any questions, please email your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org