Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Detroit Area Agency on Aging (DAAA). We appreciate your willingness to support DAAA by donating your time as a volunteer.
We are no longer accepting applications for Easter.
Please use the form below to submit your application and background check so you are able to volunteer for future opportunities.
Due to current public health concerns, volunteers could be exposed to or expose others to COVID-19 while performing volunteer duties and must follow protective measures implemented by the Service and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). With that said, we do require masks and physical distancing while volunteering.
apply to volunteer with DAAA
- Please submit a volunteer application below
- The next step is to fill out a background check
- Return the background check through one of the following methods: Email your background check to email@example.com, or mail it to 1333 Brewery Park Blvd Suite 200, Detroit, MI 48207 ATTN Volunteer Coordinator)
- Background Check Release Form
- The background check will collect information from the Michigan State Police iChat system encompassing criminal history, and will remain on file for five (5) years before another check must be completed. Please remember that these background checks are solely for the protection of the vulnerable population we serve.
- Even if you have proof of a background check or police clearance completed within the past 3 years from your place of employment or another organization with which you volunteer, you must complete a background check with DAAA. This is a new form effective October 1, 2020.
- The form is fillable – a physical signature is not required
- Tier A Volunteer Opportunity does NOT require SSN, DOB = not client facing (loading HMOW, Outreach Bag Assembly)
- Tier B Volunteer Opportunity requires SSN, DOB, Full Address, Driver’s License #, Full First and Last Name = Client-Facing (having in-person and/or in-home client contact, access to a client’s personal property, or access to confidential client information – this includes Holiday Meals on Wheels delivery)
If you have any questions, please email your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.