Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer with Detroit Area Agency on Aging (DAAA). We appreciate your willingness to support DAAA by donating your time as a volunteer.
apply to volunteer with DAAA
- Please submit a volunteer application below
- The next step is to fill out a background check (A background check may be sent to Alison Carpenter via email, through the application portal below, or face-to-face with a scheduled meeting)
- Background Check Release Form
- PLEASE NOTE THIS CHANGE: Even if you have proof of a background check or police clearance completed within the past 3 years from your place of employment or another organization with which you volunteer, you must complete a background check with DAAA. This is a new form effective October 1, 2020.
- Physical signatures are required (if you change the font to cursive it will not be accepted)
- Tier A Volunteer Opportunity does NOT require SSN, DOB = not client facing (loading HMOW, Outreach Bag Assembly)
- Tier B Volunteer Opportunity requires SSN, DOB, Full First and Last Name = Client-Facing (having in-person and/or in-home client contact, access to a client’s personal property, or access to confidential client information)
- A background check may be sent to Alison Carpenter via email, through the application portal below, or face-to-face with a scheduled meeting.
If you have any questions, please use the form below or reach out to Alison directly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are monitoring the pandemic and we hope to have volunteers join us once again to ensure the success of Easter Holiday Meals on Wheels.
Due to current public health concerns, volunteers could be exposed to or expose others to COVID-19 while performing volunteer duties and must follow protective measures implemented by the Service and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).” With that said, we do require masks and physical distancing while volunteering.