IHC TaskForce Goal
To develop a community-wide implementation plan or road
map designed to coordinate and integrate social and
environmental determinants of health to reduce health disparities
and to close the gap on the technology digital divide.
Primary Program Objectives
- To address the digital divide to reduce health disparities of older adults, caregivers, other city residents and service providers.
- To develop a community-wide roadmap/conceptual framework for connecting the community to technology, community resources and the social determinants of health.
- To research systemic technological changes needed within and outside of the provider network to better integrate care and develop the community’s health care work force.
- To develop process and community impact methodology for evaluating implementation of the Inclusive Health Care-Metro Detroit initiative.
- To develop a final report and toolkit to support program expansion and replication including an Inclusive Health Care Summit.
IHC Taskforce Summit
Watch the Inclusive Healthcare Taskforce Summit to learn about the implementation plan, and upcoming IHC Taskforce initiatives. Watch Now
Committee Meeting Recordings
Watch the Launch Meeting of the Inclusive Health Care Taskforce to get more information about the goals and general overview of the IHC Taskforce. Additional subcommittee meeting videos are below for more information and details.
Journal Articles and Research
Find articles related to digital inclusion for older adults and how it relates to addressing the impact of the digital divide on health disparities and exclusion in telehealth and eHealth care settings.
- Predictors of eHealth Usage: Insights on The Digital Divide From the Health Information National Trends Survey 2012
- Telehealth, Rural America, and the Digital Divide
- The Future of Remote Care Technology and Older Adults Connection is Everything
- Focusing on Digital Health Equity
- Impact of the digital divide in the age of COVID-19
- A Tale of Two Divides: Technology Experiences Among Racially and Socioeconomically Diverse Older Adults
- Bridging the Digital Divide for Urban Seniors: Community Partnership
- Building Our Own Bridges: How a Distressed Urban Neighborhood Bridges the Digital Divide
- Digital inclusion as a social determinant of health
- The digital divide has grown old: Determinants of a digital divide among seniors