Real-Time Diagnostics, Timely Interventions
Senior Telehealth Connect
Older adults with two or more chronic conditions can get medical care with telehealth technology. Senior Telehealth Connect is offered by Detroit Area Agency on Aging (DAAA) in partnership with Michigan-based Behavioral Health Associates.
Benefits of Telehealth
- Stay in touch with healthcare professionals who regularly monitor vital signs
- Reduce the number of medical office and emergency room visits
- Get daily readings of blood pressure, glucose levels, and more
- Caregivers receive feedback from health pros to help track medications, eating habits, mental and physical changes
Improved Access to Healthcare
Adults with disabilities who need special transportation services can use Senior Telehealth Connect to attend their regular monitoring appointments.
For older adults who are homebound, this program helps ensure that their appointments are not missed due to lack of transportation or mobility. Telehealth appointments also help reduce the risk of coronavirus exposure, while monitoring chronic health conditions remotely.
DAAA’s telehealth service allows health care providers to communicate with patients through HIPAA-compliant secure messaging. Patients can also schedule appointments online, receive health education material, and more.
Individuals can use telehealth whether they have a primary care physician or not. Program costs will be covered by Medicare and Medicaid. Program participants must:
- Have two or more chronic conditions
- Reside in the DAAA service area
- Be a senior citizen or an adult with a disability
To enroll in Senior Telehealth Connect call 313-446-4444 to speak with a health professional to get started with telehealth services.