The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a community service and work-based job training program for older Americans. Authorized by the Older Americans Act, the program provides training for low-income, unemployed seniors. SCSEP participants gain work experience in a variety of community service activities at non-profit and public facilities, including schools, hospitals, day-care centers and senior centers. Participants work an average of 20 hours a week, and are paid the highest of federal, state or local minimum wage. This training serves as a bridge to unsubsidized employment opportunities for participants.
- Participants must be at least 55 years of age
- Meet the household income requirements below
- 1 person household: $14,850 annually
- 2 person household: $20,225 annually
- 3 person household: $25,200 annually
For more information, contact Lisa Jackson at (313) 446-4444 ext. 5849 or email@example.com.