The PATH workshop meets once a week for 6 weeks for 2 ½ hours each week. Workshops are facilitated by two leaders, one or both of whom may have a chronic condition. People with chronic conditions attend the workshop and learn skills to improve their health, such as:
- Techniques to deal with pain, fatigue and depression
- Healthy eating
- How to communicate effectively with family, friends and professional
- Trained leaders must agree to facilitate at least one six-week PATH workshop within six months of training and one workshop year to maintain certification as an active leader.
- You must attend all 4 days of training and successfully complete two practice teach activities.
- You must be associated with an agency that has a license to provide PATH.
Call Anita Kanakaris at (313) 446-4444 ext. 5841 for more information and to request an application for the training. A criminal background check may be required.