Meals on Wheels (MOW) is a state and federally funded program that offers nutritious meals to homebound seniors and disabled adults that live in Detroit, the five Grosse Pointes, Hamtramck, Harper Woods and Highland Park. Participants may choose to receive either a hot meal delivered once per day Monday through Friday or five frozen meals delivered once per week. The program also offers liquid nutrition for those who are unable to eat solid foods and have a prescription from their physician.
- 60 years of age or older
- Homebound and unable to leave the home without assistance
- Unable to prepare meals by him or herself
- Unable to participate in the Congregate Meal Program
- Able to feed him or herself
- No one is available who would be able and willing to prepare all meals on a regular basis