Save the date for Older Michiganian’s Day! This virtual advocacy event will spotlight critical areas to senior services for the state of Michigan. Return to this event page for more updates as the date approaches.
Join us for Senior Action Week & Older Michiganians Day.
This advocacy event will spotlight critical areas impacting older adults in Michigan:
- Support the Governor’s FY2023 budget inclusion of $2.35 wage increase for direct care workers by making it permanent. Support the professionalization of direct care workers through training & career advancement. Monday
- Urge legislators to rebalance Medicaid long-term services and supports by appropriating 50% of funds to home and community-based services. Urge MDHHS to allow flexibility to increase special income limits for home and community-based services. Tuesday
- Raise the MI Choice Waiver program capitation rate and rates paid in the nursing facility transition program to keep up with inflation and support direct care worker wage increase to stabilize and advance the workforce. Wednesday
- Support the Silver Key Coalition’s request for a $7 million increase for the non-Medicaid in-home services and a $1 million increase for home delivered meals in the ACLS FY2023 budget. Thursday
- Urge policy makers to expand access to affordable, reliable high speed internet for all Michigan residents, regardless of where they live and urging policymakers to provide funding for new and existing educational programs that provide technology training for older adults. Friday
Join The Live Stream Event
Wednesday May 11, 2022 11:00am – 1:00 pm
Livestream Link & Access: Zoom Access Link
Meeting ID: 848 1128 4381
Dial by phone: 1-301-715-8592